1. Application for Residence Permit
International students holding X1 Visa should apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days since the date of entry. The following documents are required for residence permit application at Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau.
(1) Original passport and the copy of personal information, photo, valid visa pages;
(2) Admission Letter and official letter from the university that indicates the study duration;
(3) Original Visa Application Form for Study in China (Form JW201 or Form JW202);
(4) Completed Visa and Residence Permit Application Form and one photo (white background and passport photo size);
(5) Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
(6) Health Certificate issued by Jiangsu International Travel Healthcare Center (for international students over 18 years old whose study duration in China is more than one academic year).
2. Replacement of Residence Permit
International students who hold a new passport and have to apply for a new Residence Permit should submit the following documents together with the above-mentioned documents:
(1) Students who lose the old passport should present the certificate of lost issued by Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau or the note from the embassy or the consulate of the home country;
(2) Students who get a new passport due to the expiration of the old passport or whose old passport pages have been used up should show the old passport which they used to enter China.
(1) International students holding a Residence Permit can reside in China within the validity period and make multiple entries into China.
(2) International students who continue to stay in China after the valid date of the Visa or the Residence Permit should go through the extension formalities before the expiration date at Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau.
(3) International students who change the residence address or transfer to other universities should go through the formalities of residence permit change at Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau within 10 days.
(4) International students should pay for residence permit application and extension according to the regulations of Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau.
(5) International students’ reason for stay is study, and they should not take jobs in China.
(6) For foreigners who illegally stay and live in China or commit other violations, the public security bureau will impose penalties in accordance with relevant regulations.
(7) Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau has the right to reject applications for visas or residence permits and revoke or declare void of the issued visas or residence permits in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
Exit & Entry Administration, Nanjing Municipal Public Security Bureau
Address: Honggong Ci, No.1, Sanyuan Lane
Reception Time: 9a.m.-12a.m. 2p.m.-5p.m, Monday-Saturday
Government Service Center of Changzhou National High-tech District（Xinbei District）
Address: No.128 Zhujiang Road, Xinbei District, Changzhou
Reception Time: 9a.m.-11.40a.m. 1p.m.-5p.m, Monday-Friday