2023 Hohai University Chinese Language Program
The program offers different Chinese language courses catering to diverse demands of the international students. The courses include Chinese Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. The courses for 2023 Fall semester are only set for the beginning level. Upon completion of the study and exams, the qualified candidates will be issued the official certificates and transcripts.
About Hohai University
Established in 1915, Hohai University is one of the earliest higher education institutions in China. Located in Nanjing, China, the University has developed into a leading comprehensive university covering engineering, natural sciences, economics and management, and social sciences. Hohai University is one of the 75 state key universities directly governed by the Ministry of Education of China and one of the 56 Chinese universities with graduate schools. The University is very strong in engineering, particularly in Water Resources Engineering and Environmental Science and Engineering, which are on the China Double World Class Program and rank the first and the eighth nationwide among all Chinese universities. The disciplines of Engineering, Environment/Ecology, Computer Science, Materials Science, Agricultural Science, Earth Science, Chemistry, and Social Sciences at Hohai rank top 1% on ESI.
Hohai University considers globalization one of the key strategies for our development. The University has intensive international collaboration with our global partners, including TUDelft in the Netherlands, University of California Los Angeles, Georgia Institute of Technology, Arizona University in USA, University of Lille in France, University of British Columbia and University of Waterloo in Canada, and Western Australia and University of Queensland in Australia. The collaboration includes joint degree programs, joint research studies, and student and faculty exchange programs. The University has about 1,400 international students coming from more than 100 countries.
Length of Schooling and Application Requirements
Length of schooling: one semester or more
Requirements: foreign citizens aged 18-35, with high school diploma or above, physically and mentally healthy. Chinese citizens who have obtained foreign nationalities shall follow the relevant regulations of Ministry of Education, China.
From May 10, 2023 to Jun 15, 2023
1. Scanned copy of the valid passport (Valid after Aug.30, 2024).
2. The most advanced diploma and transcript.
Note: If the applicant has studied in China before, he/she will need to provide all the relevant studying certificates and transcripts.
3. Curriculum Vitae (Consecutive study experiences from high school. Full study experience is required for those who have studied in China.)
4. Scanned copies of all visas and residence permits related to China (Please upload the passport copy instead if you have not been to China).
5. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (see Attachment 1). The applicant should conduct the examination strictly according to the list. The result is valid for 6 months.
6. Financial proof (either the family deposit certificate, property certificate or parent/guardian income certificate).
7. Non-criminal report. (The new graduates can choose to submit proof of good school performance.)
1. Fulfill the online application via http://admission.hhu.edu.cn.
2. Pay the application fee 400 RMB (see Attachment 2).
3. The applications will be reviewed and admission results will be informed in two weeks or so.
4. The admission notices and visa application forms will be sent to the recruited candidates.
Visa Application and Registration
Those who’re enrolled shall submit the admission notice, visa application for studying in China (JW 202 Form), foreigner physical examination report and blood test report to local Chinese Embassy or Consulate to apply for a student (X1) visa to China. The students should register at Hohai University within the indicated time on the admission notice.
1. Tuition Fees: 6,600 RMB /semester, 13,200 RMB / year. (Including all the teaching materials)
Note: 80% of the tuition fees will be refunded if quitting within two weeks after the registration. No refund after 2 weeks.
2. Application Fee (Non-refundable): 400 RMB.
3. Accommodation on Campus (Optional) :
600-700 RMB/month. (Double-bed room, shared bathroom and laundry room)
The international students must purchase comprehensive medical insurance in accordance with relevant national regulations and university requirements（300 RMB/semester or 600 RMB/year）. Otherwise, registration is not allowed.
Tel: +86 25 83787955
Add: International School, Hohai University, No.1 Xikang Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Post Code: 210098
Fax: +86 25 83787981
Web: http://cie.hhu.edu.cn, http://ie.hhu.edu.cn
1.Foreigner Physical Examination Form.pdf
2.How to Pay the Application Fee for Hohai Online Application.pdf
International School, Hohai University
May 11, 2023
Copyright©2005，All Rights Reserved，河海大学国际教育学院