CSC Doctoral Scholarship Students,
According to the requirements of Chinese Scholarship Council, we hereby notify the following issues related to the application for extension of the duration of the scholarship by international doctoral students of Hohai University in the academic year 2021/ 2022.
The CSC scholarship students with the scholarship period ends in July 2021, but due to various reasons CANNOT graduate on time. You need to meet following requirements to apply for scholarship extension:
1 Opening Report passed
2 Mid-term Assessment passed
(1) Please fill in “Application form for Extension of Scholarship for Chinese Government Scholarship Students” carefully and write down the following content:
a) Reasons for applying for extension of scholarship period;
b) Period for extension of scholarship (usually one year or one semester);
c) Whether finished the opening report and mid-term assessment;
d) The progress of thesis and study plan in the next stage.
“Application form for Extension of Scholarship for Chinese Government Scholarship Students” can be downloaded from the website of International School. (Link:)
(2) The tutor/supervisor shall write down the comments on the applicant's study attitude, performance, opening report and mid-term assessment of dissertation（These two elements are mandatory）and sign.
(3) The collegeteaching secretary shall review and seal on the form.
(4) The applicant shall submit scanned copy in PDF version less than 3MB of “Application form for Extension of Scholarship for Chinese Government Scholarship Students” signed by supervisor and stamped by college and relevant materials to the email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(5) Application deadline: May 9，2021
(6) International School will review and submit the extension materials to CSC.
(7) Generally, CSC will announce the results in July.
(1) According to the requirements of CSC and Hohai University, the following students can not apply for extension:
a) Failure to finish semester registration on time;
b) The study attitude is not serious, failure to pass the opening report and/or the mid-term assessment of dissertation;
c) Failure to take or pass the annual review of scholarship;
d) Those who has already submitted the extension (one year) before;
(2) If the application for extension is not submitted within the specified time or the application materials do not meet the requirements, the application will be deemed to be invalid, and any problems arising shall be borne by the applicant.
(3) Study period extension is in the system, manual link（https://ie.hhu.edu.cn/2020/0903/c14699a220615/page.htm）. If you have questions, please consult Academic Affair Office (Room 101).
Contact: Ms. Joyce Xu, Student Management Bureau of International School
Tel.: + 86 25 83787958
International School of Hohai University
April 12, 2021