According to the notice from Jiangsu Provincial Government, in 2019 Jiangsu Provincial Government has set up the Distinguished Scholarship for International Students to award on-campus international students who are friendly to China and excel in overall performance. This scholarship is now open for application.
I. Applicant Eligibility & Scholarship Quota
Undergraduates and postgraduates in degree programs who are studying in the 2nd year or above. In 2020, Hohai can recommend 4 undergraduate candidates, 6 master candidates and 3 PhD candidates.Students whose study period has been extended can not apply.
II. Scholarship Standard
The scholarship offers one-time reward: same as last year.
III. Application Requirement
1. Have friendly attitude towards China, observe Chinese laws and university regulations, have paid the tuition fee and other required fees, and have no records on against university regulations or Chinese laws during the study period;
2. Have honesty and trust worthiness, with good moral quality;
3. Have excellent grades. strong study and scientific research abilities during the study period;
4. Have outstanding overall performance during the study period, and have actively participated in all kinds of university events and public services;
5. Under the same conditions, applicants who are self-financed, supported by partial scholarships, or have poor family finance conditions are prior to be considered;
6. During the study period, the undergraduate students have obtained a GPA of 3.5 orabove, and postgraduate students should have obtained average score of 75 or above of all the courses.
IV. Application Documents/Materials Requirement
The candidates are expected to put file of the following (No.1-7) documents in a compressed package and send to email@example.com, the size of the package must be smaller than 5 MB (including:
1.The filled Excel form.
2. Proposed study in China in WORD file.
3. All the other required documents in one PDF file).
Please use your Student ID to name the file.
No.1. Jiangsu Provincial Government Distinguished Scholarship for International Students Application Form (please submit in Excel format, see attachment I);
No.2. The complete academic transcript during the whole study period;
No.3. My story of study in China with no less than 600 words;
No.4. Your study plan in China.
No.5. Scanned copy of HSK certificate (if any);
No.6. Other supporting materials (please provide e-photocopy):
1) Certificate for paper publication(first author only) and retrieval, paper acceptance(first author only) notification (other documents are not accepted as supporting materials) or proof of participation in the publication of book chapters;
2) Certificate for national and provincial award or patent;
3) Certificate for other kinds of awards;
4) Participation for university events /social practices in China (photos, certificates etc.).
V. Selection Procedure
The university will adopt the process of individual application, college recommendation, university review and public review to determine the recommended candidates. The detailed procedure is as follows：
1. The student needs to fill in the Jiangsu Provincial Government Distinguished Scholarship for International Students Application Form ;
2. The student needs to submit the required documents to Email box firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00 Dec. 20 (Sunday), 2020;
3. Based on the result of the comments from the expert committee, International School will determine the initially selected candidates who will be posted for public review .
Application Deadline: 12:00 Dec. 20 (Sunday), 2020
Attention: Students who have submitted their file for CSC scholarship in November is automatically deemed as applicants of Jiangsu Provincial Government Scholarship. Only application form is to be submitted to E-mail box.
Contacts：Ms.Joyce & Ms.Catherine
Dec. 17, 2020
The form is availavle at the website of International School cie.hhu.edu.cn and the students' wechat group.